Thursday 16 December 2010

Christmas Party & Felt Trees

There was a christmas party at one of the playgroups we go to today and father christmas gave Wesley a present! I have admit that I actually felt a little emotional when Father Christmas came in, okay Wesley didn't even really notice him at first, but some of the older children were so excited and I saw a glimpse of what we have to come! Father Christmas didn't stay long (I hear this is a busy time of year for him) but it was lovely to see him.









I've not been feeling well the last couple of days, but I've dosed myself up on lemsip this evening (and most of today!) as I really wanted to have a go at making some christmas decorations. I've seen some nice felt decorations about and wanted to have a go at making my own, I started with a few pieces of felt, some ribbon, thread and sequins and here is what I made. I think they are quite sweet.











This was very cheap felt, but I have my eye on some gorgeous thick 100% wool felt, but not sure where to buy it in the UK currently. Will have to do some research, would be nice to get some to do some appliqués with.

Right off to bed now to hopefully shift this bug before Christmas!!

1 comment: