Tuesday 28 December 2010

Christmas Chutney













I made this for the first time last year and it was very popular, so I made it again this year. Its a lovely slightly spicy chutney with tomatoes, peppers, aubergine, onions, paprika and cayenne pepper.

I started making it at about 8pm and didn't finish putting it in jars until almost 1am! The part that takes the longest, and puts me off doing it again any time soon, is peeling the skins off the tomatoes, I prick them, then put them in boiling water and then into cold water, but it still takes an age to get all the skin off! Any tips?











The pan I use is a family heirloom, which I borrow from my Mum, I would love to have one of my own but old ones like this one are really expensive and hard to come by, but I always keep an eye out!

No comments:

Post a Comment