Thursday 13 January 2011

Messy Baby Floor Protector

When we weaned Wesley it became clear that my carpet was going to get a 3x daily splattering if I didn't take some kind of precaution to protect it! This was clearly going to be a long term feature in our small open plan kitchen/living room so I didn't want to just cover the floor with newspaper, I wanted to at least try and keep an inch of adult sophistication to my fast becoming baby play ground of a house!
















So I looked online and really couldn't find anything to suit my needs, and instead turned to the local fabric shop for a quick fix piece of oil cloth, which has laid on my floor underneath the high chair ever since. At first it looked okay, but quickly the corners began to get kicked up, it got screwed up under chair legs and eventually a few rips started to appear. So when looking for a sewing project this week, one where I didn't have to spend any money on materials, I decided to revamp the mat and turn it into something neater and longer lasting. It didn't take long at all to trim it down and make a double sided splash mat.

Before:











After:

No comments:

Post a Comment